The Parliamentary Committees conduct inquiries into matters referred to them by the Parliament, or by a Minister. These Inquires may be into legislation, or issues of interest. Committee Inquiries involve taking submissions, hearing witnesses, assessing evidence, discussing matters in detail and formulating reasoned conclusions.
Committees provide a public forum for the presentation of the various views of individual citizens and interest groups.
Ursula Committee Memberships in the 43rd Parliament are:
- Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs Defence and Trade -and its
- Human Rights Subcommittee
- Trade Subcommittee
- Foreign Affairs Subcommittee
- Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security
- Joint Committee on Human Rights
- Chair, Senate Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Legislation Committee
- Deputy Chair, of theForeign Affairs Defence and Trade References Committee.
- Senate Finance and Public Administration Legislation and Reference Committees.
- Senate Privileges Committee
- National Broadband Network ( until September 2012)